100 films in 2012: Gainsbourg (La Vie Heroique)
- I knew nothing about Gainsbourg before I watched this film, I merely picked it up on a whim
- I am, unfortuantley yet to look up his music, 6 months later
- I loved the romantic way in which the story was told. I found the whole film really off the wall and abstract in the way that ‘Amelie’ was, with the appearances of Filipus and other apparitions.
- The reoccuring Illustrations really played to the film’s strengths, putting a different twist on the historical events of the film such as WW2 which was interesting to see
- All of the female roles were done very well, with perhaps the exception of Juliette Greco who had more of a bit part
- All in all I found the film very enchanting